29 December 2009

Pholk Tape #4




I'm  not going to lie, this tape has been the hardest one to make so far, I was torn between doing a best of '09 style post or sticking with the format of the last 3 I've done and just make it music I've been playing incessantly for the last two weeks. What I've eventually settled for is the middle ground with almost a 50/50 ratio of best of my '09 and the last two weeks.


As usual, it's a blend of downbeat/upbeat music, which I always like to do, music is lovely in all it's forms and every body needs a little bit of variety in their ears. I'd like to say that keeps them healthy, but that would potentially be a complete lie, might be healthy for the mind though. In all honesty I'm probably clutching at straws, I'm still struggling to write this, the real reason I did it is because I wanted to, and ultimately (and very possibly also unfortunately) I have artistic control over it. So there, enjoy it, or don't, it's no bother to me!


Here's the Tracklisting:


01: The Antlers – Kettering
02: Animal Collective – Loch Raven
03: Ellie Goulding – Wolves (Bon Iver cover)
04: Feist – One, Two, Three, Four
05: Sleigh Bells – Ring Ring
06: Mick Boogie & Peter, Bjorn & John – Stay This Way
07: Major Lazer & Jah Dan – Cash Flow
08: Animal Collective – Daily Routine (Phaseone Remix)
09: Metronomy – Not Made For Love (ALALAL Remix)
10: Florence & The Machine – You've Got The Love (The XX Remix)
11: Ali Love – Diminishing Returns
12: Röyksopp – What Else Is There? (Thin White Duke Remix)
13: Memory Tapes – Plain Material
14: Beirut – My Wife, Lost In The World
15: Feist – Lo, How A Rose E're Blooming
16: Eric Cartman – Pokerface (Lady Gaga Cover)


P.S. It does bother me really, kepp downloading and tell your friends if you fancy, it's nice to share, or so I've been told.


Download: Soundcloud|Mediafire (Basic)|Mediafire (Podcast)

No comments:

Post a Comment